Tuesday, February 22, 2005

The Merits of Long Plane Flights

I've decided that I like long plane flights. I've just come back from NYC, and it was about a 6 hour flight. Now normally I would have bitched and moaned about such a thing, but it occurred to me that being on the plane for that long makes the whole 'crowded trip on the subway to get to the airport 90 minutes early/shoes off for security/fattening airport pizza/long bathroom line' thing worthwhile. I mean, if you're going to go through all of that, you might as well be on the plane for a long time afterwards. Plus, you can, in theory, accomplish a lot in 6 hours, unless you're flying Jet Blue, in which case you may have good intentions but will end up watching a lot of TV. I watched The Daily Show, Blue Collar Comedy Tour, the Cosby Show, Iron Chef, and assorted cartoons involving ACME products. And part of an episode of Who Wants to be a Millionaire, where some total idiot used all three of his lifelines trying to determine the color of wasabi, and then still got it wrong, deciding pink over green. Thank god I wasn't listening to the sound, it was bad enough just watching him hem and haw. I love Jet Blue - they have great snacks and they're funny, plus the whole DirectTV thing is spectacular. Of course now that I'm back I feel like I never left, except that I'm pretty sure I had a plan in mind of what I was doing in lab and I've forgotten it now...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home