Sunday, January 09, 2005

A busy weekend

It snowed last night! Not enough to be interesting, and it was gone by noon, but, still, it was snow. Apparently there was a huge storm in the Sierras and I am getting shit for deciding to go to NYC instead of skiing in Tahoe. Alas...
I took down my Christmas tree yesterday, and discovered that having a fake tree doesn't necessarily save one from having to vacuum up needles. At least the soft plastic ones don't stab you in the bottom of your foot for the next six months...
I saw Finding Neverland tonight, and that is definitely a movie worth seeing. Johnny Depp was good as always, and the story is gripping the whole way through. I will admit that tears were shed, and not just by me. It's not saying much if it's me, as I've been known to weep uncontrollably at Kodak commercials...
Last night I went to a cookbook exchange party and came out with a vegetarian cookbook. It was the nicest book there, but it's ironic that with several meatphobes in attendance I ended up with it! My white chocolate cheesecake was a hit, but I was a bit disappointed that it didn't taste more chocolatey.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home